[openstack-dev] [all][charms][fuel][Packaging-Deb] Remove old numeric branches

Andrey Kurilin andr.kurilin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 11:14:20 UTC 2017

Hi Tony and folks,

I missed the original thread (had read just [charms][fuel][Packaging-Deb]
tags), so disappeared branch surprised me a lot.

stable/0.9 branch of Rally project was created for supporting the previous
major release (last week, 0.9 was the current major release).
We released 0.10.0 just several days ago and want to continue supporting
0.9 for awhile.

Since this is critical for several our customers, it would be nice if we
can push stable/0.9 back (I have a local copy in the final state [0]).
Also, I'll be happy, if we can remove 0.9-eol tag from the git.o.o, gihtub
and pypi.

PS: it would be nice if tags for all affected projects is added next time.
or, even better, if all PTLs of affected projects is added to CC

[0] - https://github.com/andreykurilin/rally/tree/stable/0.9

> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 01:52:11PM -0400, Tony Breeds wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >     Now we have cleaned up some of the older series based branches I've
> > taken a look at some of the numeric based branches.
> >
> > The projects in $subject are particularly impacted.  I've made my best
> > guess at which branches are current, but I'd really appreciate guidance
> > on the life span of these branches.
> >
> > As before as the ultimate consumer of the data is infra I've presented
> > this in a form that's easy for them to consume:
> >
> > Ideally I'd like to move on this this week but that isn't enough
> > consultation.  So I'll pass the list to infra Monday 2nd October
>
> The branches in http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-
> September/122381.html
> have been removed now.
>
> There was small issues with the openstack/deb-gnocchi and
> openstack/deb-python-gnocchiclient in that the .gitreview file pointed
> at the wrong repo (upstream in this case).  These were corrected
> manually
>
> Also:
>  - openstack/deb-python-django-pyscss
>  - openstack/charm-plumgrid-director
>  - openstack/charm-plumgrid-edge
>  - openstack/charm-plumgrid-gateway
>
> All seemed to be missing .gitreview files to the remote needed to be
> added manually.
>
> Yours Tony.

Best regards,
Andrey Kurilin.