[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Undercloud backup and restore

Shinobu Kinjo skinjo at redhat.com
Mon May 29 07:07:02 UTC 2017

Here is feedback from the customer.

Following the guide [1], undercloud restoration was not succeeded.

Swift objects could haven't been downloaded after restoration even
though they followed all procedures during backing up / restoring
their system described in [1].

Since that, I'm not 100% sure if `tar -czf` is good enough to take a
backup of the system or not.

It would be great help to do dry-run against backed up data so that we
can make sure that backed up data is completely fine.

[1] https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux_openstack_platform/7/html/back_up_and_restore_red_hat_enterprise_linux_openstack_platform/back_up_and_restore_the_undercloud