[openstack-dev] [ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed May 24 13:28:56 UTC 2017

On 05/24/2017 05:10 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> In a previous thread[1] I introduced the idea of moving the PTG from a
> purely horizontal/vertical week split to a more
> inter-project/intra-project activities split, and the initial comments
> were positive.
>
> We need to solidify how the week will look like before we open up
> registration (first week of June), so that people can plan their
> attendance accordingly. Based on the currently-signed-up teams and
> projected room availability, I built a strawman proposal of how that
> could look:
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmOdT6uZ5XqViActr5sBOaz_mEgjKSCY7NEWcAEcT-A/pubhtml?gid=397241312&single=true

This looks fine for Cinder. Good idea putting up a strawman for folks to
review.

One question on room sizes. In ATL the Cinder room was very large, to
the point that it was actually a little difficult hearing some people
for some of the discussions.

I see Cinder is down for an XL room. Any idea of the size of the rooms
this time around? If they are going to be as spacious as ATL, I think a
L room might actually work better for us than XL. Of course I say this
not really knowing how many attendees we will end up with. We can always
reconfigure the tables in the larger room, which we did end up doing in ATL.

This feels really odd saying we have too much room. ;)

Sean