[openstack-dev] [telemetry] Room during the next PTG

Hanxi Liu apolloliuhx at gmail.com
Tue May 23 07:40:52 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 11:40 AM, gordon chung <gord at live.ca> wrote:

> i just want to add, i am ok to meet at PTG but if we consider the turn
> out at forum sessions, we aren't getting any more developers, just
> random requirement requests.
>
> we can discuss on irc and mailing list? in fact we encourage it, which
> is why you might see random short emails from me on list about whether i
> should proceed on work item a certain way. i understand how meetings and
> presence create this false narrative that work is being done.
> regardless, i do hope we leverage ML and irc more. if you have a comment
> or question, don't be afraid to use this medium. i shouldn't have to
> wait 6 months to here problems :)
>
> cheers,
>
> Hi gordc,

I agree on it that there may be not that much developers in the session, So
I'm ok
if there isn't one at PTG. I'm sorry because I know this is not an
appropriate place
to talk about weekly meeting in IRC. But you know the traditional way is
not necessarily
burdensome, I‘m sure ML is a good way, as well as IRC, to communicate in
free time.
Can we restore weekly meeting or discuss in some centralized way just like
other TC
projects so that some developers can get timely responses and brainstorm
for Telemetry?

lhx_