[openstack-dev] [Blazar] Boston Summit Recap

Masahito MUROI muroi.masahito at lab.ntt.co.jp
Wed May 17 05:59:07 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Blazar team had some meetings, a forum and a presentation at Boston
summit last week.  This mail is a quick summary of the activities. If
more details are needed, please check links listed at the bottom of this
mail.

* Blazar team meetings

Blazar team had 2 meetings [1], one was for Blazar internal features and
another was for collaborations with PlacementAPI team.  Both meetings
were well successful by all of the team members.

At internal features meeting, we reached work items for all topics
covered in the meetings.  All items will start soon, but if you have an
interest and want to pick up an item to join the team activities, feel
free to pick and start one of the items.

At collaborations meeting, we showed feature visions of each team as
well as how both teams can collaborate with the API.  As a result of the
discussion, we agreed to why and how blazar use PlacementAPI.

* Forum session

The advanced instance scheduling[2] was one of forum sessions related to
Blazar project.  At the session, there were two topics, pre-emptable
instances and reservations.  Based on the discussion, requests were
shown for "reservation" and the team tries to solve the problem.

* Project update track

Blazar team had project update track[3] in general session. We
appreciate a chance to have the track for PWG and the foundation. In the
session, we talked overview of Blazar project, key enhancements in Ocata
and key enhancements for Pike.

1. https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/blazar-boston-summit
2. https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BOS-forum-advanced-instance-scheduling
3. https://www.openstack.org/videos/boston-2017/project-update-blazar