[openstack-dev] [tc][all] Do we need a #openstack-tc IRC channel

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Wed May 17 03:34:25 UTC 2017

On May 16, 2017, at 3:06 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

>> It's pretty clear now some see drawbacks in reusing #openstack-dev, and
>> so far the only benefit expressed (beyond not having to post the config
>> change to make it happen) is that "everybody is already there". By that
>> rule, we should not create any new channel :)
>
> That was not the only concern expressed. It also silos us away from
> the community who has elected us to represent them, potentially
> creating another IRC echo chamber.

Unless you somehow restrict access to the channel, it isn't much of a silo. I see TC members in many other channels, so it isn't as if there will be no interaction between TC members and the community that they serve.

I also think that a channel like #openstack-tc is more discoverable to people who might want to interact with the TC, as it follows the same naming convention as #openstack-nova, #openstack-ironic, etc.

-- Ed Leafe