[openstack-dev] [ironic] Ironic-UI review requirements - single core reviews

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Mon May 15 19:10:51 UTC 2017

All,

In our new reality, in order to maximize velocity, I propose that we
loosen the review requirements for ironic-ui to allow faster
iteration. To this end, I suggest we move ironic-ui to using a single
core reviewer for code approval, along the same lines as Horizon[0].

Our new reality is a fairly grim one, but there is always hope. We
have several distinct active core reviewers. The problem is available
time to review, and then getting any two reviewers to be on the same,
at the same time, with the same patch set. Reducing the requirements
will help us iterate faster and reduce the time a revision waits for
approval to land, which should ultimately help everyone contributing.

If there are no objections from my fellow ironic folk, then I propose
we move to this for ironic-ui immediately.

Thanks,

-Julia

[0]: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-February/113029.html