[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [CI] HA and non-HA OVB jobs are now running with Quickstart

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri May 12 13:37:40 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:11 AM, Sagi Shnaidman <sshnaidm at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi, all
> In addition to multinode jobs, we migrated today part of OVB jobs to use
> quickstart.
>
> We had before OVB ha and OVB nonha jobs and together with migrating them to
> use quickstart we merged them into one job. It's called now:
>  - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-ha-oooq
>
> and will be voting job instead of
>  - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-ha
>  - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-nonha
>
> The updates job "gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-updates" stays the same and
> nothing was changed about it. The same is about periodic jobs, they stay the
> same and additional update will be sent when we migrate them too.
>
> In addition for tripleo-ci repository there are two branch jobs:
> - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-ha-oooq-newton
> - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-ha-oooq-ocata
> which replaces accordingly:
>  - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-ha-ocata
>  - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-nonha-ocata
>  - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-ha-newton
>  - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-nonha-newton
>
> A little about "gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-ha-oooq" job:
> its features file is located in:
> https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-quickstart/blob/master/config/general_config/featureset001.yml
> and it's pretty similar to previous HA job, but in addition it has overcloud
> SSL and nodes introspection enabled (which were tested  in previous non-HA
> job).
>
> The old HA and non-HA jobs are moved into experimental queue and could run
> on the patch with "check experimental". It's done for regression check,
> please use it if you suspect there is a problem with migration.
>
> As usual you are welcome to ask any questions about new jobs and features in
> #tripleo . Tripleo-CI squad folks will be happy to answer you.

Except https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1690109 (which doesn't
sound related to quickstart) - I don't see any critical issue until
now.
The runtime looks similar with previous ovb-ha from a quick look, so I
think we're also good here.

Really good work, thanks for everyone involved in this effort!

> Thanks

> As discussed previously in the CI Squad meeting summaries[1] and on the
> TripleO weekly meeting, the multinode gate jobs are now running with
> tripleo-quickstart. To signify the change, we added the -oooq suffix to
> them.
>
> The following jobs migrated yesterday evening, with more to come:
>
> - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-undercloud-oooq
> - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-nonha-multinode-oooq
> - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario001-multinode-oooq
> - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario002-multinode-oooq
> - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario003-multinode-oooq
> - gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario004-multinode-oooq
>
> For those who are already familiar with Quickstart, we introduced two new
> concepts:
>
> - featureset config files that are numbered collection of settings, without
> node configuration[2]
> - the '--nodes' option for quickstart.sh and the config/nodes files that
> deal with only the number and type of nodes the deployment will have[3]
>
> If you would like to debug these jobs, it might be useful to read
> Quickstart's documentation[4]. We hope the transition will be smooth, but if
> you have problems ping members of the TripleO CI Squad on #tripleo.
>
> Best regards,
>
> [1]
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-March/113724.html
> [2]