[openstack-dev] [tc] [all] OpenStack moving both too fast and too slow at the same time

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri May 5 17:33:25 UTC 2017

On 05/05/2017 11:52 AM, Dean Troyer wrote:
> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Alex Schultz <aschultz at redhat.com> wrote:
>> configuration and usability issues. But those aren't exciting so
>> people don't want to work on them...
>
> [Not picking on Alex here, but I've seen this repeated again in this
> thread like every other one]
>
> s/people/corporate project managers/
>
> Yes, there are individual preferences involved here, but those of us
> who are in a position to CHOOSE which projects we invest in are
> actually in the minority, and shrinking.

It's worth noting that with almost no exceptions I am aware of, those of
us who are in a position to choose what we work on actually are the ones
focusing on the "not exciting" things. As Dean says, there aren't many
of us in that position - so there's only so much we can accomplish in a
given unit of time.

I bug companies all the time to get them to allocate resources to these
things. It is rarely successful.