[openstack-dev] [tc] [all] OpenStack moving both too fast and too slow at the same time

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri May 5 16:52:58 UTC 2017

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Alex Schultz <aschultz at redhat.com> wrote:
> configuration and usability issues. But those aren't exciting so
> people don't want to work on them...

[Not picking on Alex here, but I've seen this repeated again in this
thread like every other one]

s/people/corporate project managers/

Yes, there are individual preferences involved here, but those of us
who are in a position to CHOOSE which projects we invest in are
actually in the minority, and shrinking.

The choices of what contributing companies invest in are largely
determined by their customers, or where they feel their business needs
to go.  Infrastructure, SDKs, documentation, none of these are on any
of the public roadmaps that I have seen (I have not seen them all so
speak up where I am wrong here).

Those who are customers of these sponsor/contributor companies also
need to be bugging them for these things too, and not just "enterprise
ready" or "telco ready" or "GPU ready" or whatever their particular
shiny thing is this year.

Make long term releases important on corporate bottom lines and it
WILL become a thing.

dt
--

Dean Troyer