[openstack-dev] [nova-scheduler] Get scheduler hint

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Wed May 3 19:01:56 UTC 2017

On 05/03/2017 03:08 AM, Giuseppe Di Lena wrote:
> Thank you a lot for the help!
>
> I think that the problem can be solved using the anti-affinity filter, but we want a regular user can choose an instance and set the property(image, flavour, network, etc.) and a parameter Robustness >= 1(that is the number of copies of this particular instance).

I'm pretty sure a regular user can create a server group and specify the
anti-affinity filter.  And a regular user can certainly specify --min-count and
--max-count to specify the number of copies.

> After that, we put every copy of this instance in a different compute, but we need to track where we put every copy of the instance (we need to know it for the algorithm that we would implement);

Normally only admin-level users are allowed to know which compute nodes a given
instance is placed on.  Why do you need to track which compute nodes the
instances are on?

Chris