[openstack-dev] [nova-scheduler] Get scheduler hint

Giuseppe Di Lena giuseppedilena92 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 09:08:11 UTC 2017

Thank you a lot for the help!

I think that the problem can be solved using the anti-affinity filter, but we want a regular user can choose an instance and set the property(image, flavour, network, etc.) and a parameter Robustness >= 1(that is the number of copies of this particular instance).

After that, we put every copy of this instance in a different compute, but we need to track where we put every copy of the instance (we need to know it for the algorithm that we would implement);

EXAMPLE. With 4 compute nodes

User create an instance(Server_1) with Robustness = 3.

Server_1_copy1 ==> compute2
Server_1_copy2 ==> compute1
Server_1_copy3 ==> compute4

User create another instance (Host_1) with Robustness = 2

Host_1_copy1 ==> compute2
Host_1_copy2 ==> compute3

and we want to track in a table where are the copies of a particular instance.
For Server_1

copy1 ==> compute2
copy2 ==> compute1
copy3 ==> compute4

same thing for Host_1
copy1 ==> compute2
copy2 ==> compute3

I hope that now is more clear.
In your opinion what is the best way to do it?

Best Regards Giuseppe