[openstack-dev] [vitrage] trouble installing Nagios on devstack on ubuntu 16.04 ...

Waines, Greg Greg.Waines at windriver.com
Tue May 2 13:03:06 UTC 2017

Hey ... I’m working thru the ‘Vitrage - Getting Started Guide’

https://docs.openstack.org/developer/vitrage/vitrage-first_steps.html

Was able to get vitrage up and running and enabled in horizon ... on ubuntu 16.04 .
     ( I tried on ubuntu 14.04 and ‘./stack.sh’ warned that it had not been tested on trusty (14.04), I FORCE=yes it ... but it failed. )

Now trying to install Nagios in devstack
https://docs.openstack.org/developer/vitrage/nagios-devstack-installation.html

BUT it doesn’t seem like there is an OMD package available for ubuntu 16.04 ... and the trusty (14.04) package won’t install due to dependency issues.

Any suggestions ?

Greg.