[openstack-dev] [magnum][osc] What name to use for magnum commands in osc?

Adrian Otto adrian.otto at rackspace.com
Mon Mar 20 20:37:09 UTC 2017

Hongbin,

> On Mar 20, 2017, at 1:10 PM, Hongbin Lu <hongbin.lu at huawei.com> wrote:
>
> Zun had a similar issue of colliding on the keyword "container", and we chose to use an alternative term "appcontainer" that is not perfect but acceptable. IMHO, this kind of top-level name collision issue would be better resolved by introducing namespace per project, which is the approach adopted by AWS.

Can you explain this further, please? My understanding is that the AWS cli tool has a single global namespace for commands in the form:

aws [options] <command> <subcommand> [parameters]

the <command> argument is actually the service name, such as “ec2”. This is the same way the openstack cli works. Perhaps there is another tool that you are referring to. Have I misunderstood something?

We could so the same thing and use the text “container_infra”, but we felt that might be burdensome for interactive use and wanted to find something shorter that would still make sense.

Thanks,

Adrian