[openstack-dev] [all][deployment] Deployment Working Group (DWG)

Devdatta Kulkarni kulkarni.devdatta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 16:42:25 UTC 2017

This is a great initiative.

Coming from Solum - a project that in on the fringes with regards to user
adoption [1][2], I feel that one of the things that
can help in increasing the adoption is deployment tooling available for
operators. If there is a standardized way to introduce
a project in their OpenStack setups, it is possible that operators would
try it.

Related to the work that would be produced by the group, what is the
thought around where would deployment artifacts live?
Within each individual project's repository? As part of a single deployment
project?

Also, are there any documents with information about constructing
deployment artifacts that we can refer to currently?

Regards,
Devdatta

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzkuimcc12w3iju/solum-interest-prod.png?dl=0

[2]