[openstack-dev] Neutron API and WSGI

Kees Meijs kees at nefos.nl
Mon Mar 13 15:31:09 UTC 2017

Hi list,

Not being sure if this is the right place to ask: could someone please
give me some pointers on Neutron API and WSGI (it seems Pecan is used)?

I'm currently running Neutron from Liberty (2:7.2.0-0ubuntu1~cloud1) and
I'm try to start Neutron API using uWSGI, but unfortunately without any
success yet. I was able to run Nova API, Keystone and Horizon this way
with an Nginx proxy in front.

Example (relevant part):
> # cat /etc/uwsgi/apps-enabled/nova-api.ini
> <snip>
>
> name = nova-api
> uid = nova
> gid = www-data
>
> chdir = /var/lib/nova
> wsgi-file = /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nova/wsgi/nova-api.py

Works like a charm! But, "just starting"
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/neutron/server/wsgi_pecan.py gives me
no luck, so it seems I might need a different or custom WSGI script.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Kees