[openstack-dev] [Ironic] FYI: Making changes required for Ironic multi-node grenade to work

Villalovos, John L john.l.villalovos at intel.com
Mon Mar 13 16:04:50 UTC 2017

In order for Ironic multi-node grenade testing work we have to correct a mistake we (well really I) made.

We need to remove the enabling of the ironic plugin in our devstack/upgrade/settings file and move it to openstack-infra/project-config. As enabling the plugin in that file works for single-node gate jobs but fails for multi-node as the sub-node does not get enabled.

The following patches are proposed to do this:

Only enable the ironic devstack plugin in grenade if it is not yet enabled https://review.openstack.org/#/c/444335/<https://review.openstack.org/>

Backport and merge to stable/ocata (https://review.openstack.org/444944) and stable/newton (https://review.openstack.org/444950)

Change project-config to add 'enable_plugin ironic' to the grenade jobs. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/443348/<https://review.openstack.org/>

Remove all enabling of the ironic devstack plugin in the grenade settings file: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/444509/<https://review.openstack.org/>

Profit...

This issue was cause by my cargo culting devstack/upgrade/settings from another project.

Thank you,
John