[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] - Best release to upgrade from LBaaS v1 to v2

Saverio Proto saverio.proto at switch.ch
Tue Mar 7 17:34:49 UTC 2017

Hello Michael,

thanks. Using your email I read this page:
https://docs.openstack.org/ocata/networking-guide/config-lbaas.html

It is still not clear to me if the command:

neutron-db-manage --subproject neutron-lbaas upgrade head

Will make the necessary database migrations from LBaaS v1 to v2 ?

Does this command triggers the execution of this code ?
https://github.com/openstack/neutron-lbaas/blob/master/tools/database-migration-from-v1-to-v2.py

On what openstack version should I run that neutron-db-manage command ?
I am currently in Mitaka.

Here I read:
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/neutron-lbaas/newton.html
LBaaS API v1 has been removed. Do not upgrade before migrating to LBaaS
API v2.

This means I have to run 'neutron-db-manage --subproject neutron-lbaas
upgrade head' before upgrading ?

am I missing the page where the migration from V1 to V2 is explained ?

thank you

Saverio