[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] - Best release to upgrade from LBaaS v1 to v2

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 18:57:37 UTC 2017

Saverio,

Unfortunately back when LBaaS v1 was deprecated (liberty) no automated
migration path was developed to move from LBaaS v1 to v2.  Some manual
database migration scripts were contributed, but you may still have
incompatible v1 load balancers that require manual intervention.  There is a
note about this in the networking guide:
https://docs.openstack.org/ocata/networking-guide/config-lbaas.html

I would recommend experimenting with the database-migration-from-v1-to-v2.py
script and working with your vendor (if you are using a vendor load
balancing engine) on a migration path.

Michael