[openstack-dev] [tripleo][tripleo-quickstart] Multiple parallel deployments on a single virthost

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Sat Mar 4 04:52:05 UTC 2017

I've just submitted a slew of changes to tripleo-quickstart with the
ultimate goal of being able to spin up multiple openstack deployments
in parallel on the same target virthost.

The meat of the change is an attempt to clearly separate the virthost
from the undercloud; we had several tasks that worked only because the
user name (and working directory) happened to be the same in both
environments.

With these changes in place, I am able to rapidly deploy multiple
tripleo-deployments on a single virthost, each one isolated to a
particular user account.  I'm using a playbook that includes
just the libvirt/setup, undercloud-deploy, and overlcoud-* roles.
This is extremely convenient for some of the work that I'm doing now.

This does require some pre-configuration on the virthost (each user
gets their own overcloud bridge) and in the quickstart (each user gets
their own underlcoud_external_network_cidr).

- https://review.openstack.org/441559 modify basic test to not require quickstart-extras
- https://review.openstack.org/441560 use a non-default virthost_user for the basic test
- https://review.openstack.org/441561 restore support for multiple deployments on virthost
- https://review.openstack.org/441562 improve generated ssh configuration