[openstack-dev] [ironic] state of the stable/mitaka branches

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Wed Mar 1 21:24:09 UTC 2017

Agreed. All I am saying is that as long as there was no change in the
policy, projects are expected to keep up.

I see that upper-constraints.txt mentioned in the email several times.
I believe it's the least that the project could do to fix the branch,
and lack of the fix doesn't seem like a good enough reason to drop the
ball in the middle (for the project as a whole, not for any specific
contributor). Other projects spent some time upfront and adopted
constraints quite a while ago. I am surprised that there are still
stable branches that don't do that. It's so much easier to maintain
them with constraints in place!

Ihar