[openstack-dev] [ironic] state of the stable/mitaka branches

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Mar 1 20:34:13 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-01 11:36:47 -0800 (-0800), Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Pavlo Shchelokovskyy
> <pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com> wrote:
> > With all the above, the question is should we really fix the gates for the
> > mitaka branch now? According to OpenStack release page [1] the Mitaka
> > release will reach end-of-life on April 10, 2017.
>
> Yes we should. It's part of the contract with consumers that rely on
> follows:stable-policy tag owned by Ironic and other projects.

It's a two-way street though. As a community we agreed to extend
stable support timelines on the promise that the people consuming
those would step up to keep them testable. If key projects are
having trouble testing stable/mitaka now and the people relying on
that aren't helping fix the situation, then it's time to again
reevaluate our earlier choices for support duration.
--
Jeremy Stanley