[openstack-dev] [tc][fuel] Making Fuel a hosted project

Vikash Kumar vikash.kumar at oneconvergence.com
Fri Jun 16 10:48:46 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
wrote:

> Shake Chen wrote:
> > HI Vikash
> >
> > I think Kolla is suitable for official project for deployment
>
> Deployment tooling is, by nature, opinionated. You just can't enable
> everything and keep it manageable. As long as people will have differing
> opinions on how OpenStack pieces should be deployed, which drivers or
> components should actually be made available, or the level of
> fine-tuning that should be exposed, you will have different deployment
> tools.
>
> "Picking one" won't magically make everyone else stop working on their
> specific vision for it, and suddenly force everyone to focus on a single
> solution. It will, however, hamper open collaboration between
> organizations on alternative approaches.

​"Picking one" is not, but having the minimal one (core components) is
what I see in the best interest of Openstack. ​I agree that the
deployment is very opinionated but before some one go for deployment
they need to evaluate few things, get some confidence. Right now,
the only option is either turn to vendors or get the experts to do. Or Am i
missing something and Openstack can be evaluated by any organization
without any hassle ?
Having a minimal deployment software will ease this process and kind of
increase
the audience. I don't see having this will create any conflict or hinder any
collaboration.