[openstack-dev] [tc][fuel] Making Fuel a hosted project

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jun 16 10:09:26 UTC 2017

Shake Chen wrote:
> HI Vikash
>
> I think Kolla is suitable for official project for deployment

Deployment tooling is, by nature, opinionated. You just can't enable
everything and keep it manageable. As long as people will have differing
opinions on how OpenStack pieces should be deployed, which drivers or
components should actually be made available, or the level of
fine-tuning that should be exposed, you will have different deployment
tools.

"Picking one" won't magically make everyone else stop working on their
specific vision for it, and suddenly force everyone to focus on a single
solution. It will, however, hamper open collaboration between
organizations on alternative approaches.

My personal view is that it's a space where we need to let flowers bloom
and encourage open collaboration. We just need to clean up the garden
when those flowers don't go anywhere.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)