[openstack-dev] [tricircle][ptl] PTL Candidacy for Tricircle Pike cycle

joehuang joehuang at huawei.com
Sun Jan 22 08:34:41 UTC 2017

Hello,

I would like to announce my self nomination for the PTL candidacy for
Tricircle Pike cycle. My name is Chaoyi Huang, IRC handle joehuang.

It's great step that the Tricircle project joined the OpenStack big-tent
ecosystem in Ocata cycle, thanks to the effort from every Tricircle
contributor, and the help from TCs/PTLs/other project contributors.

Being one big-tent project is one very important milestone to build the
open community, attract more contributors, to accelrate the Tricircle
being more and more mature. Although lots of fundatemental features
and documentations are ready[1][2], it's time for us to think about
the question: when will Tricircle will be ready for production use?

Here are some ideas to make Tricircle to reach the goal for
production deployment in Pike cycle:

* function test ready, enhance scenario test cases and code coverage.
* encourage cloud operator to try Tricircle and get feedback from
cloud operators for quality, features, and what's to improvement.
* feature compliment - shared_vxlan supported L2/L3 networking,
  advanced networking features like QoS, LBaaS, python client etc.
* performance, reliability review and enhancement as needed.
* upgradable before production.
* keep community as open as any other team, make the contribution
  in Tricircle is comfortable for anyone, attract more and more
  contributors.
* help and grow any one who wants to try PTL in Queens cycle.

Hope everyone will enjoy the contribution in Tricircle.

Thank you for your kind consideration of my candidacy.

[1]https://github.com/openstack/tricircle/tree/master/releasenotes/notes
[2]http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tricircle/

Best Regards
Chaoyi Huang (joehuang)