[openstack-dev] [all] Improving Vendor Driver Discoverability

Hayes, Graham graham.hayes at hpe.com
Sat Jan 21 13:58:46 UTC 2017

On 20/01/17 01:40, Mike Perez wrote:
> On 17:38 Jan 18, Morales, Victor wrote:
>> Just a FYI, Ankur have been working on have a Feature Classification Matrix
>> in Neutron[1] which collects some of this information

> I actually didn't know Nova also generated this with a script and ini file.
> Perhaps this would be a better approach than a giant JSON file like driver log
> is today. I could then have the marketplace parse these ini files using the
> common script. What do others think?

FWIW Designate also does this - [0] is generated by [1] and a modified
version of the Nova script.

If there is a common way, we will use that, but I like our current
implementation.

0 - http://docs.openstack.org/developer/designate/support-matrix.html
1 -
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/designate/tree/doc/source/support-matrix.ini