[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Defining Custom Deployment Networks

Dan Sneddon dsneddon at redhat.com
Thu Jan 19 23:38:20 UTC 2017

I would like to call attention to two patches which Steven Hardy
proposed for Ocata to add the ability to create custom deployment
networks [1] [2]. This would allow the use of networks other than the
built-in 6 networks. These have gotten a little attention, and a couple
of alternative methods were proposed.

I would like to get this hashed out in time for the custom networks to
land in Ocata. This is going to be a dependency for much of the network
development that is planned for Pike, and I think it would be a huge
benefit to users of TripleO who plan to deploy Ocata.

So far there has been a concern raised about where to store the network
data (Mistral, Heat, Swift, ???), and we need some clarification and
discussion on that point. Another concern was raised about using j2 for
the template format. If people could take a moment to look at these
short reviews and chime in, that will help us move toward a consensus
approach.

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/409920

[2] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/409921
--
Dan Sneddon         |  Senior Principal OpenStack Engineer
dsneddon at redhat.com |  redhat.com/openstack