[openstack-dev] [charms] monitoring interface

Liam Young liam.young at canonical.com
Thu Jan 19 12:44:22 UTC 2017

Hi Brad,

Thanks for looking into it. I think things should actually work out of the
box as they are now. So,

juju deploy nrpe nrpe-glance
juju deploy nrpe nrpe-cinder
juju deploy nagios
juju deploy glance
juju deploy cinder
juju add-relation nrpe-glance glance
juju add-relation nrpe-glance nagios
juju add-relation nrpe-cinder cinder
juju add-relation nrpe-cinder nagios

Should add nagios checks for glance and cinder to the juju deployed nagios.
(Taken from
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OpenStack/OpenStackCharms/ReleaseNotes1504#Monitoring
).

Ideally we would rename the nrpe-external-master interface to local-monitor
(or add it as an additional interface) but that is not needed to get it up
and running.

Thanks
Liam