[openstack-dev] [charms] monitoring interface

Brad Marshall brad.marshall at canonical.com
Fri Jan 20 09:57:12 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 12:44:22PM +0000, Liam Young wrote:
> Thanks for looking into it. I think things should actually work out of the
> box as they are now. So,
>
> Should add nagios checks for glance and cinder to the juju deployed nagios.
> (Taken from
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OpenStack/OpenStackCharms/ReleaseNotes1504#Monitoring
> ).
>
> Ideally we would rename the nrpe-external-master interface to local-monitor
> (or add it as an additional interface) but that is not needed to get it up
> and running.

The problem we were seeing was the nrpe charm wasn't passing the default
checks across, there's been a bug floating around for a while - LP#1605733.

There is a fix in that bug report which we've tried out and it seems to
fix the issue, but I'm not sure if there's any other side effects.

Thanks,
Brad
--
Brad Marshall