[openstack-dev] [all][swg] per-project "Business only" moderated mailing lists

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 18:15:49 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. The proposed change is meant to benefit
> readers of openstack-dev who do not have access to, or ability with,
> sup/procmail/sieve/IMAP/etc., but do want to be able to be able to keep
> up with the general flow of discussion in openstack-dev.

FWIW, I'm using GMail, and nothing else, to achieve acceptable
filtering/sorting _for me_.  But then I am interested in at least
seeing subjects of the wider community go past and not doing sharp
filtering on specific projects.

> The idea would simply be that those directly involved in a team wouldn't
> mind subscribing to a few more ML's to get relevant information about
> the day to day workings of a team, but that for most people openstack-dev
> would be sufficient.

This makes assumptions about who wants to see those messages intended
for the additional lists.

> So, I'll ask more generally: do you believe that the single openstack-dev
> mailing list is working fine and we should change nothing? If not, what
> problems has it created for you?

It is working about as well as can be expected _for me_.  Others have
also shared a similar sentiment, including the tools they use to
achieve that result.  I fully expect that there is a significant
number of people for whom the current situation is not working well
_for them_, and some of those folk were in that room.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com