[openstack-dev] [all][swg] per-project "Business only" moderated mailing lists

Mikhail Medvedev mihailmed at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:32:36 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Shamail <itzshamail at gmail.com> wrote:

> The single openstack-dev list works fine for me.  I am not using anything to filter either beyond what my default mail clients offer.
>
> Could we modify the question slightly to also ask how people are dealing with reading through the single list?  That might help us write a page that newcomers could read to get tips on how to best handle the mailing list traffic (which seems to be the origin of the proposed change).

+1, collecting workflows people use for dealing with ml would be good.
I am new to such a high-volume list, and I have tried several things.
Now I have a few filters in gmail that mark threads I am not
interested in, but they all still go into my main inbox. I then mute
irrelevant threads. Once you did the first round of mutes, it becomes
easier. I spend 10-20 minutes daily to get through all of the threads.

I see a very marginal benefit in adding more lists.