[openstack-dev] [all] Switching to longer development cycles

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed Dec 13 18:26:19 UTC 2017

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 06:13:41PM +0000, Tim Bell wrote:
> The forums would seem to provide a good opportunity for get togethers during the release cycle. With these happening April/May and October/November, there could be a good chance for productive team discussions and the opportunities to interact with the user/operator community.
>
> There is a risk that deployment to production is delayed, and therefore feedback is delayed and the wait for the ‘initial bug fixes before we deploy to prod’ gets longer.
>
> If there is consensus, I’d suggest to get feedback from openstack-operators on the idea. My initial suspicion is that it would be welcomed, especially by those running from distros, but there are many different perspectives.
>
> Tim

Good point - I was going to bring up some operator aspects as well.

There have been some discussion within the operators meetup planning around
trying to bring that operator-driven event closer in, or colocated, with the
PTG. This is both for logistics planning as well as working on getting that
feedback loop between operators and development closer.

We may want to consider some of those needs and how we might make the ops
midcycle a more visible and potentially bigger event.

Sean