[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Reminder about bug priority

Sagi Shnaidman sshnaidm at redhat.com
Mon Dec 11 17:33:44 UTC 2017

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 5:42 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> A lot of bugs are set Critical or High.
> Just a few reminder on how we like to use the criteria in TripleO:
>
> - "Critical" should be used when a bug makes a basic deployment
> impossible. For example, a bug that affects all CI gate jobs is
> critical. Something that any deployment can hit is critical. A bug in
> the master promotion pipeline can be set as Critical.

I think any bug that completely or pretty often fails current jobs should
be critical:
1) all voting jobs on TripleO CI
2) OVB jobs
3) promotion blocker for any of releases, both stable and master

What regards to releases, there are some stages in release workflow when
master-1 release is more important than any other.
I think we should be flexible there and allow to set critical also for bug
in master-1 release, at least when it has priority.

Another point for critical bugs might be bug that blocks developers work
(for example using tripleo tools), even if it passes in CI.

> - "High", "Medium" and "Low" should be used for other bug reports,
> where High is an important bug that you can hit but it won't block a
> deployment. "High" can also be used for stable branch promotion
> pipelines (pike, ocata, newton).
>
> Please don't use Critical for all the bugs, otherwise we end up with
> half of our bugs set at Critical, while they're rather High or Medium.
>
> If any doubt, please ask on #tripleo.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Emilien Macchi