[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Reminder about bug priority

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Dec 11 15:42:24 UTC 2017

A lot of bugs are set Critical or High.
Just a few reminder on how we like to use the criteria in TripleO:

- "Critical" should be used when a bug makes a basic deployment
impossible. For example, a bug that affects all CI gate jobs is
critical. Something that any deployment can hit is critical. A bug in
the master promotion pipeline can be set as Critical.
- "High", "Medium" and "Low" should be used for other bug reports,
where High is an important bug that you can hit but it won't block a
deployment. "High" can also be used for stable branch promotion
pipelines (pike, ocata, newton).

Please don't use Critical for all the bugs, otherwise we end up with
half of our bugs set at Critical, while they're rather High or Medium.

If any doubt, please ask on #tripleo.

Emilien Macchi