[openstack-dev] [python-openstacksdk] Status of python-openstacksdk project

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Aug 4 21:48:46 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017, at 02:37 PM, Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-08-04 at 12:26 -0700, Boris Pavlovic wrote:
> > By the way stevedore is really providing very bad plugin experience
> > and should not be used definitely.
>
> Perhaps entrypointer[1]? ;)
>
> [1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/entrypointer
> --
> Kevin L. Mitchell <klmitch at mit.edu>

The problems seem to be more with the use of entrypoints and the
incredible runtime cost for using them (which you've hinted at in
entrypointer's README). I don't think switching from $plugin lib to
$otherplugin lib changes much for tools like openstackclient unless we
first fix entrypoints (or avoid entrypoints all together). Until then
you must still rely on entrypoints to scan your python path which is
slow.

Clark