[openstack-dev] [kolla] Which distros are used as base ones?

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Thu Apr 27 09:46:39 UTC 2017

Hi

When I joined Kolla project I got info that Debian is going away. So I
took care of it and now it is updated to current 'testing' and has far
more images enabled than in past.

CentOS support works fine. Even on AArch64 (if you have [1] applied).

1. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/430940/

But what about Ubuntu? I have a feeling that no one is using it. Ocata
packages were used in master until I switched them to use Pike
repository instead.

Today 'openstack-base' failed for me in 'ubuntu/source' build because
'libmariadbclient-dev' does not exist in Ubuntu repositories.

Does someone care about Ubuntu?