[openstack-dev] Development workflow for bunch of patches

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Wed Apr 19 08:25:55 UTC 2017

Whenever you want to work on the second patch you would need to first
checkout the latest version of the first patch and then cherry-pick the
later patch on top of it. That way when you update the second one it won't
affect the first patch.

The -R flag can also be used to prevent unexpected rebases of the parent
patch. More details here:

https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html#adding-a-dependency