[openstack-dev] [nova] notification update week 15

Balazs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Tue Apr 18 08:55:19 UTC 2017

Hi,

Here is the status update / focus setting mail about notification work
for week 15.

Bugs
----
[Medium] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1657428 The instance
notifications are sent with inconsistent timestamp format. We need to
iterate more on the solution I updated last week.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/421981

Versioned notification transformation
-------------------------------------
The volume_attach and detach notifications are still in focus to support
Searchlight switching to the versioned notifications. Both are ready for
core review:
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/401992/ Transform
instance.volume_attach notification
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/408676/ Transform
instance.volume_detach notification

Searchlight integration
-----------------------
changing Searchlight to use versioned notifications
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/searchlight/+spec/nova-versioned-notifications
bp is a hard dependency for the integration work.

The path on Searchlight side https://review.openstack.org/#/c/453352/
evolves
gradually.

bp additional-notification-fields-for-searchlight
Besides volume_attach and volume_detach we need the following patches to
help Searchlight integration:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:bp/additional-notification-fields-for-searchlight

The debate about adding the tags to the instance payload now seems to
moving to the direction of adding the tags only to instance.create and
instance.update. This means that the related patch needs to be reworked.

The auto_disk_config patch only needs a second +2
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/419185/

The author of the keypairs patch
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/419730/ Anusha told me that she was
moved away from OpenStack so we need somebody to pick this patch up and
rebase it.

We still need to work on the https://review.openstack.org/#/c/448779/
(Add BDM to InstancePayload) path from testing point of view.

Other items
-----------
No progress from last week, so see the last maill
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-April/115179.html
for details.

Weekly meeting
The notification subteam holds it's weekly meeting on Tuesday 17:00 UTC
on openstack-meeting-4 so the next meeting will be held on 18th of
April.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170418T170000

Cheers,
gibi