[openstack-dev] [tc][elections]questions about one platform vision

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 18:25:38 UTC 2017

> +1 for us to publish sets of projects that work together for specific
> scenarios. I heard this idea first from Allison Randall and it
> immediately struck a chord. To be fair folks like Jay Pipes have
> always said (paraphrasing) "OpenStack is a toolbox". So it's the next
> step i guess. Lauren Sell was mentioning yesterday about hearing
> confusion around "Big Tent", i do feel that when we put forth a set of
> constellations we can start deprecating the "Big Tent" terminology if
> appropriate.

I think what we are missing here is more of guidelines and more examples to give ideas how to build a platform from the blocks. I see “Big Tent” as a terminology that covers our governance as well, therefore I would not go that far to deprecate it as of now.

On the other hand, I know at least one other community where a very similar concept than the set of constellations here is causing just as much frustration as the “Big Tent” currently in our case. I think we need to improve on communication and guidance first regardless of whether we get to the conclusion of changing the terminology finally or not.

Thanks,
Ildikó