[openstack-dev] [heat] change in behavior from Mitaka to Newton, is this a bug ?

Saverio Proto saverio.proto at switch.ch
Thu Apr 13 07:34:45 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am looking at a strange change in default behavior in heat, after the
upgrade from Mitaka to Newton.

when you do

openstack stack show uuid

you get a table, and there is a property called 'links'

In Mitaka the value was something like

- href: https://URL
  rel: self

After I upgraded to Newton the 'links' field changed to

http://URL (self)

Also in the process the 's' from https went missing.

This broke first of all our rally tests, that now fail with "Prohibited
endpoint redirect"

It also broke Horizon, because if I click on the stack name, I am not
able to get to the page with the stack property, but I get a red box
"Error: Unable to retrieve stack.".

Before opening a strange bug that will be marked as "Invalid" I would
like to understand better what is this 'links' property of the stack,
and why it changed from Mitaka to Newton ? Is possible this is a
regression bug ?

Thank you

Saverio

--