[openstack-dev] [qa][cinder] critical fix for ceph job

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 00:46:39 UTC 2017

On 4/7/2017 9:43 AM, Jordan Pittier wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 4:15 PM, Ghanshyam Mann <ghanshyammann at gmail.com
> <mailto:ghanshyammann at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks. I am not sure these kind of driver specific behavior on APIs
>     side. This bring up question that should not cinder APIs be consistent
>     from usage point. In this case[1], create backup API can accept
>     'container' param and do/don't create pool as per configured driver?
>     Then have better documentation for that what all driver honor that or
>     not.
>
>     Any suggestion ?
>
>     ..1 https://review.openstack.org/#/c/454321/3
>     <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/454321/3>
>

> Yeah, I've left a comment on that review. And another comment on
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/454722 :
>
> "I'd rather we revert the change completely than to see this merged.
>
> If the Ceph backup driver doesn't support the container argument it
> should either grow support for it, or ignore that argument, or we change
> Cinder's API completely so that the container argument is not part of
> the public API anymore.
>
> Do we expect each and every user to know what each and every drivers
> support ? I don"t think so, so Tempest shouldn"t either."

I left a comment in there too. This wasn't the right way to get around
this. I've tried the same thing before, back when the encrypted volume
tests were failing for ceph because it simply wasn't supported in nova.

Jon, as we discussed at the PTG, you need to get a whitelist or
blacklist file into nova like we have for the cells v1 job and we can
use that on the ceph job config to control the tests that are run, so we
don't need to make changes like this in Tempest. Let's work on that and
then we can revert this workaround to Tempest.

Matt