[openstack-dev] [qa][cinder] critical fix for ceph job

Jordan Pittier jordan.pittier at scality.com
Fri Apr 7 14:43:26 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 4:15 PM, Ghanshyam Mann <ghanshyammann at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks. I am not sure these kind of driver specific behavior on APIs
> side. This bring up question that should not cinder APIs be consistent
> from usage point. In this case[1], create backup API can accept
> 'container' param and do/don't create pool as per configured driver?
> Then have better documentation for that what all driver honor that or
> not.
>
> Any suggestion ?
>
> ..1 https://review.openstack.org/#/c/454321/3

Yeah, I've left a comment on that review. And another comment on
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/454722 :

"I'd rather we revert the change completely than to see this merged.

If the Ceph backup driver doesn't support the container argument it should
either grow support for it, or ignore that argument, or we change Cinder's
API completely so that the container argument is not part of the public API
anymore.

Do we expect each and every user to know what each and every drivers
support ? I don"t think so, so Tempest shouldn"t either."