[openstack-dev] [security] [salt] Removal of Security and OpenStackSalt project teams from the Big Tent

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Sep 30 16:02:17 UTC 2016

Thierry Carrez wrote:
> As announced previously[1][2], there were no PTL candidates within the
> election deadline for a number of official OpenStack project teams:
> Astara, UX, OpenStackSalt and Security.
>
> In the Astara case, the current team working on it would like to abandon
> the project (and let it be available for any new team who wishes to take
> it away). A change should be proposed really soon now to go in that
> direction.

The change was proposed, +1ed by past PTLs and approved by the TC
members at the last TC meeting:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/376609/

> In the UX case, the current PTL (Piet Kruithof) very quickly reacted,
> explained his error and asked to be considered for the position for
> Ocata. The TC will officialize his nomination at the next meeting,
> together with the newly elected PTLs.

This was confirmed at the TC meeting:
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2016/tc.2016-09-27-20.01.html

> That leaves us with OpenStackSalt and Security, where nobody reacted to
> the announcement that we are missing PTL candidates. [...]

Following the discussion on this thread and the engagements of the team,
the Security project team was kept as-is, with Rob Clark continuing as PTL:
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2016/tc.2016-09-27-20.01.html

As hinted toward on this thread, the Salt team was removed, while the
team members there reassess their priorities. The team did not produce
any deliverable within the Newton cycle. The removal was proposed, +1ed
by the current Salt team PTL and approved by TC members:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/377906/

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)