[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Getting the UI to talk with Undercloud API service endpoints

Juan Antonio Osorio jaosorior at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 06:24:14 UTC 2016

Actually, the third option is also not an option in the current undercloud
setup, since making the services listen in 0.0.0.0 will break HAProxy. So
when you're deploying with TLS things will break since we use HAProxy to
terminate TLS connections. On the other hand, we also don't want services
to listen on 0.0.0.0 since that would become a security concern. We should
instead be blocking everything we don't need to have exposed (as we've done
with the undercloud's database and rabbitmq).

Now, as we're trying to move to have more convergence between the
undercloud and the overcloud (trying to deploy the undercloud via heat
also, as Dan Prince has mentioned), I think some aspecs of this will bring
a solution to this problem. for instance, just like we already do in the
overcloud, we could have the undercloud's HAProxy always terminate the
endpoints, which I'm attempting with these two patches:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/360366
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/360368 . Furthermore, we could have the
public endpoints in HAProxy listen on a separate network that's accessible
externally, also as we do in the overcloud. That way we don't need to
change the actual interfaces the services are listening on, and rely on
HAProxy, getting closer to how we do things in the overcloud. It seems to
me that it would help solve the problem.

Juan Antonio Osorio R.
e-mail: jaosorior at gmail.com