[openstack-dev] [kolla][fuel][tripleo] Reference architecture to deploy OpenStack on k8s

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobrelia at mirantis.com
Fri Sep 23 15:37:30 UTC 2016

Yeah, would be very nice to have/reuse a place for highest level and
projects independent specs to outline key architecture decisions like
(WARN [tl;dr]: biased examples from a non existent prototype go below):

* Shared nothing for stateful DB/MQ components (this means no shared
storage for state keeping, but replicas instead)
* And maybe place stateful and SDN/NFV/HW bound components *out* of COE
scope (they are well known to like only
stateless/serverless/schemaless/overlay only unicorns. A joke!..)
* CM tools-agnostic containers build pipelines
* Building images from sources but ship only artifacts w/o build deps
* No entry points magic in build pipeline for containers images to be
spawned by COE platforms as apps.
* Rework components to support 12 factor apps requirements, e.g.
redirect to stdout/stderr only, do not use implicit communication
channels etc.
* Runtime only data driven approach (no j2 templates for build pipeline
please!)
and more things...

Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,