[openstack-dev] [fuel][plugin] Is there a way to change plugin html dynamically?

Stanislaw Bogatkin sbogatkin at mirantis.com
Mon Sep 19 10:42:19 UTC 2016

Hi Peter,

there are two ways I see today to have done what you want to:

First, you can change [0] and add some fields to store second netapp
device. In this case you'll need to change puppet manifests logic to use
new fields - according to current state, it's a bunch of code double or
you'll need to rewrite all this code as new type instead.

Second way, you can to do nothing with ui and just write needed values
after comma or space. In this case you'll still need to change puppet
manifests heavily.

[0]
https://github.com/openstack/fuel-plugin-cinder-netapp/blob/master/environment_config.yaml

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 12:11 PM, Wang, Peter (Xu) <Peter.Wang13 at dell.com>
wrote:

> Hi Fuel dev,
>

> I am studying the development of fuel plugin and usage of some existing
> plugins.
>

> I wondered is there a way to change the Plugin layout in settings page
> dynamically:
>

> Take netapp’s plugin as the example:
>
> https://github.com/openstack/fuel-plugin-cinder-netapp/
> blob/master/figures/cinder-netapp-7mode-iscsi-plugin.png
>
> Looks like admin can only add one netapp backend for one OpenStack cluster
> from the GUI, but what if user own 2 netapp devices to be managed?
>

> ·        From GUI side:
>
> How can I do that as a plugin developer? Any reference guides on the
> layout yaml files are welcome  (environment_config.yaml)
>
> ·        From puppet module side:
>
> Any reference implementation for how to enable multiple cinder backends in
> multi-backend enabled environment in one time?
>

> Thanks
>
> Peter

with best regards,
Stan.