[openstack-dev] [fuel][plugin] Is there a way to change plugin html dynamically?

Wang, Peter (Xu) Peter.Wang13 at dell.com
Sun Sep 18 09:11:34 UTC 2016

Hi Fuel dev,

I am studying the development of fuel plugin and usage of some existing plugins.

I wondered is there a way to change the Plugin layout in settings page dynamically:

Take netapp's plugin as the example:
https://github.com/openstack/fuel-plugin-cinder-netapp/blob/master/figures/cinder-netapp-7mode-iscsi-plugin.png
Looks like admin can only add one netapp backend for one OpenStack cluster from the GUI, but what if user own 2 netapp devices to be managed?

*        From GUI side:
How can I do that as a plugin developer? Any reference guides on the layout yaml files are welcome  (environment_config.yaml)

*        From puppet module side:
Any reference implementation for how to enable multiple cinder backends in multi-backend enabled environment in one time?

Thanks
Peter