[openstack-dev] [poll][kolla] Name of baremetal role/group

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Wed Sep 7 18:51:18 UTC 2016

Hi
I recently introduced a new baremetal role/group which is used as part of the kolla-host playbook.
https://github.com/openstack/kolla/tree/master/ansible/roles/baremetal
This baremetal role is used to install all the dependencies required to deploy kolla containers on a "baremetal" host.
The host does not have to be baremetal it can be a vm but the term baremetal was originally chosen as unlike other rules in
Kolla it installs and configures packages on the host os.

Given that kolla also has baremetal as a service via ironic and baremetal provision of servers with bifrost the question I would like
To ask is should we change the name of the current role to install the kolla dependencies to something else.

I have created a strawpoll link for this here http://www.strawpoll.me/11175159
The options available in the strawpool are:

*         kolla-host

*         host

*         baremetal

*         pre-install
If there are any other suggestions fell free to discuss them in this thread.
I will check the poll Friday evening gmt and submit a patch for review if consensus is that it should be changed.

Regards
Sean.