[openstack-dev] [Heat] Convergence status

Thomas Herve therve at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 09:37:36 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We're approaching release time, and there are still some concerns
whether or not we can make convergence the default. In particular we
have a somewhat longstanding issue with canceling creation [1]. The
good news is that this is almost fixed [2], and update cancel is
almost there too [3]. We expect to see them merged by RC1 next week,
so please review those if you can.

I also have some confidence overall as projects like Magnum and Sahara
have been running tests with convergence enabled for about 3 months
now, and no particular issues have been reported about it.

That said, if we can't manage to get those in by RC1, we'll have to
revert back to legacy. Those behaviors are too important to release
without them. Hopefully, we'll make it work, and we can focus on
making TripleO using convergence during the next cycle.

Thomas

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1592374
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/354000/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/362346/