[openstack-dev] [puppet] [plumgrid-puppet] Proposal to create plumgrid-puppet

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 14:40:49 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Qasim Sarfraz <qasims at plumgrid.com> wrote:

>> It is not clear to me what this module would deploy.
>> Could you give more details here?
>> Would it deploy PLUMgrid IO Visor and dependencies?
>
> It will install PLUMgrid SDN Platform and PLUMgrid IO Visor which are
> dependencies for PLUMgrid Neutron Plugin. All the calls from PLUMgrid
> Neutron Plugin are redirected to our SDN Platform which provide networking
> in an OpenStack cloud. This new module help us integrate better with
> community installers including TripleO, Fuel etc.
>
> Hope it explains.

Yup, got it.
openstack/puppet-midonet does similar tasks to deploy Midonet SDN; you
could maybe follow this path? They aren't in Puppet Openstack forge
but still use OpenStack Infra, sounds like a good deal.
I'm not sure if puppet-plumgrid would be a good candidate to be part
of Puppet OpenStack, for 2 reasons:
- it's not really an OpenStack project, but it wouldn't  be a blocker
- it deploys proprietary software so I don't know how we could test
the module in upstream CI.

Anyway, feedback is welcome on this thing and I'm open to help you to
get a Puppet module in OpenStack.

> --
> Regards,
> Qasim Sarfraz